Order banks for the Ford Mustang Mach-E have been opened since June of last year but the more eyed Mustang Mach-E GT has remained a bit of a mystery. Now, through Fords internal communications, we have confirmation that Ford plans to open the order books for the GT in late April.
Current Mustang Mach-E GT reservation holders will be receiving an email communication from Ford later this month showcasing the April timeline. We don’t yet know the exact date as the company kept is vague with “late April”.
The Mustang Mach-E has gone through a few delays but is seemingly now back on track with deliveries underway and test drive units currently leaving the factory daily. Vehicles currently held up in the logistical nightmare at the Kansas City Terminal are expected to be released sometime next week. The company stresses that shipment delays have not affected production.
The Mustang Mach-E GT will be Fords first performance focused electric car. With a base price of $60,500 (or $53,000 after federal tax incentives), owners can expect to hit a 0-60 of 3.8 seconds using an impressive 480 horsepower and 600 lb.‑ft. of torque. Range is a compromise with a target of 250 miles.
If that’s not fast enough, Ford is releasing a GT Performance Edition as well. With 480 horsepower and 634 lb.-ft. of torque, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition receives a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and an EPA-estimated range of 235 miles. Pricing for the Performance Edition has not yet been shared.
Aside from specs, both the Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition will have some exterior changes distinguishing them from the rest of the lineup:
- GT: 20″ cast-aluminum wheels with aero covers
- GT Performance Edition: adds 20″ machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels with Pirelli summer tires
- Vehicle ride height lowered by nearly a half-inch (10 mm) for improved driving dynamics
- GT and GT Performance Edition badging on rear liftgate with illuminated Pony emblem
- Choice of body-color roof, panoramic glass roof or black-painted roof
- Grabber Blue Metallic is an extra-cost color limited to GT and First Edition only; Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat is an extra-cost color available only on GT
Both vehicles have a targeted delivery date of “summer 2021”.